A Guide to Cell Phone Signal Boosters

Poor cell phone reception continues to be a major problem…

Debt Busters: The Complete Guide to Getting out of Debt

When it comes to getting out from under the mountain…

How to Determine the Correct Imodium Dosage

How to Determine the Correct Imodium Dosage

Imodium is a popular medication used to help control the symptoms of diarrhea from a variety of illnesses including food poisoning and stomach viruses. Taking the proper Imodium dosage will make sure that you treat your symptoms properly without the risks of an overdose.

The right Imodium dosage depends on your age. If you have purchased Imodium or a generic equivalent (loperamide is the generic name of Imodium) over the counter and without the recommendation of a doctor, you should read the label to determine the correct Imodium dosage as well as to be sure it is safe to take the medication. If you aren’t sure, you should consult your pharmacist or your doctor before you take the medication.

For children 12 and over and adults, the correct Imodium dosage is two caplets after the first loose stool, and one caplet after each subsequent bout with diarrhea. You should not take more than four caplets total in a 24 hour period. For children under 12 years old, do not use Imodium except as directed by your doctor.

Imodium is taken on an as needed basis, which means that you take it when you experience symptoms of diarrhea, and then do not take it again unless the symptoms recur. It is not necessary to take another dose if the initial dose has the desired effect.

The correct Imodium dosage should always be adhered to; overdoses of Imodium can lead to dizziness, dehydration, severe gastrointestinal cramps and bloating and vomiting. If you suspect an overdose of Imodium contact a doctor immediately. Always read the label and use the appropriate Imodium dosage to avoid the risk of an overdose.

With the proper Imodium dosage you should be feeling better quickly. However, if your symptoms do not subside after several days, you should contact a doctor.

Follow Zenedy